How To Clean Your Dentures
posted: Oct 15, 2018.
If you have recently visited Mill Valley Dental to have your missing teeth replaced with dentures, then here are some steps you should follow when cleaning your new dental restorations:
- You should clean your dentures twice a day: when you wake up in the morning and before you go to bed.
- You may want to purchase a denture cleanser to clean your dentures. Do not use toothpaste or household products because they can damage your dentures.
- Remove your dentures before cleaning them so you can brush them thoroughly. Do not clean the dentures using hot water because it can warp their shape.
- Clean your dentures over a folded towel or a sink filled with water. Dentures are fragile, so following this step will help to prevent damage if you drop them.
- Rinse your dentures with water after meals to reduce food and plaque buildup.
- Soak your dentures in water when you sleep at night. You may want to occasionally soak them in a denture solution that will reduce the amount of bacteria which collect on your dentures.
Cleaning your dentures regularly is important because it prevents them from staining or becoming damaged. It is also important for the health of your mouth, reducing your risk for bad breath and oral infections. Call our team today at 415-578-5879 if you want to learn more about how to clean your dentures.