Make the most out of your oral health care during the holidays. If you slack on your oral health care habits during this time of year, the effectiveness your teeth and gums can provide may diminish as well. As you know, bacteria and plaque don’t take a holiday, so you don’t want to slack on caring for your teeth and gums during the busy season.
Below are some of the questions to consider when caring for your health during the holidays:
- Have you limited sweets to mealtime snacks only?
- Have you been eating healthier, and switching out sugary sweets with vitamin-rich foods?
- Have you been using brushing and flossing tools with the ADA Seal of Acceptance?
- Have you taken care not to damage your teeth on hard candies, such as candy canes, peanut brittle, and peppermint bark?
- Have you been brushing twice daily and flossing once daily?
- Have you put a plan into place to dispose of any additional sweets after each holiday? If left around the house, you may find yourself snacking on sweets for weeks and weeks.
- Have you scheduled regular visits to your dentist at Southern Marin Dental for professional cleanings and oral examinations?
Take care of your oral health and enjoy your holidays with a smile! At Southern Marin Dental, we invite you to schedule an appointment with Dr. Sohrab Saghezchi for all your dental health care needs. Please call 415-578-5879 and speak with a member of our team in Mill Valley, California. We wish you and yours a healthy holiday season.